So I just checked my airline announcements.....final bid award just came out. I'm no longer getting displaced. If you recall I was displaced by just ONE number. After reviewing the bids and such I can only assume mistakes were found allowing that one number to no longer push me out.
Is this good news? Well for the most part yes. I keep the higher pay, avoid long term training and don't have to remember how to read steam gauges (the plane I was displacing to did not have a full glass cockpit). The bad part is.....I'm still THE junior man. I will have airport standby for the foreseeable future. At least I still have a job.
Now a little humor:
Basic rules of flying:
1. Try to stay in the middle of the air.
2. Do not go near the edges of it.
3. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there.
Similar to the rules of EMS...ReplyDelete
1. All bleeding eventually stops.
2. All patients eventually die.
3. If you drop the baby, pick it up!
Hang in there!
Good to hear you can stay put! Now you don't have to become a Fargo-based turbo-prop pilot ;-)ReplyDelete
I'm looking to take my instrument ride here in a few weeks. Also, I graduate high school a month from today, and a few days after graduation I'll be spending eight days in Hawaii... good times!!
Since you did the self-paced training, what type of regiment would you recommend? I want to try to be as consistant as possible and get as much accomplished as I can while still enjoying it and not rushing. Any advise?
Three rules of plumbing:ReplyDelete
1. Water flows down hill.
2. Payday is on Friday.
3. Don't bite your fingernails.
Three rules of firefighting:ReplyDelete
1. Big fire requires big hoses
2. If the ladder pipes goes up, the building is coming down
3. Pump 150, bake 350
Thanks again for your blog
The rules of flying are great, along with all the other responses... Congrats on getting to stay in your airplane... And still being able to fly at FL 400, every once in a while at least :)ReplyDelete